Thursday, December 28, 2006

While celebrating Christmas with my siblings, we played a game in which we each asked a question that everyone else would answer, blah, blah, touchy-feely, etc.

It was actually pretty fun. But for "Name one life-changing event you have experienced," I didn't want to get too sappy about things like the time my friend died or when my parents split up, so I just wrote, "The time I was held in a Viet Cong prison."

Another question though, was "Who is your hero and why?" I should have probably mentioned my Grandpa, or Jesus, or something, but I answered that Bono is a hero to me because he has turned his celebrity into a vehicle to help people. I really admire that.

I've been listening to a new U2 song for a few days now. It's not my favorite, but the lyric is brilliant and I wanted to share some of it with you. (This is going to be my sentimental Christmas message. No cynicism. Just sincere and corny.)

THE SHACKLES ARE UNDONE
THE BULLETS QUIT THE GUN
THE HEAT THAT'S IN THE SUN
WILL KEEP US WHEN THERE'S NONE

THE RULE HAS BEEN DISPROVED
THE STONE IT HAS BEEN MOVED
THE GRAVE IS NOW A GROOVE
ALL DEBTS ARE REMOVED

OH CAN'T YOU SEE WHAT LOVE HAS DONE?
OH CAN'T YOU SEE WHAT LOVE HAS DONE?
OH CAN'T YOU SEE WHAT LOVE HAS DONE?
WHAT IT'S DOING TO ME?

TO EVERY BROKEN HEART
TO EVERY HEART THAT CRIES
LOVE LEFT A WINDOW IN THE SKIES. . .

No comments: