Thursday, September 27, 2007

My daughter Exxxx is my honeybunch, sugarplum, pumpy-umpy-umpkin, sweetie-pie, cuppie cake, gumdrop, schnookum-schnookums. . . the apple of my eye.

In fact, one of her first phrases was "apple eye." And she would poke me in the eye while she said it. She is the best little girl in the world.

A few days ago my wife and I were in an office signing some papers with a loan officer. Exxxx was sitting on my lap, when suddenly she turned around and asked me, "Why is his name Won Ton?"

"Won Ton?"

"No, Wong Thumb"

"Wong Thumb?"

"No, Wrong Turn!"

"Wrong Turn?"

"No!" She grabbed my beard and enunciated very carefully while looking me squarely in the eyes. I finally understood and burst out laughing.

A few moments before this exchange my wife had asked the loan officer, "What are your plans, long term?"

1 comment:

Martin said...

Tell her I miss playing dolls!!

Tell the boys howdy as well, and give them a nice airplane ride.

The funniest was her backing up into me, so I would pick her up again!:)

Marty