Sunday, January 27, 2008

A few items:

First, thanks to the power of the internet, I was able to collect some money I otherwise never would have been paid, from an individual who makes a career out of ripping off small businesses. I'm not going to publicize the ordeal any further here. But since my use of the internet was such an effective means of gaining the upper hand in this situation, I would be happy to assist anyone in similar circumstances to utilize the blogosphere the way I did. Feel free to contact me at the store. The phone number is listed on thescooterlounge.com

Score 4750 for me and the internet. 0 for the douchebag con-artist.

Second, I'm going to be changing things around a little bit in the near future. In order to provide more useful content to customers of my store, I'm going to switch to a blog format that will exclusively involve scooter-related "how-to" materials and other related articles.

For those of you who enjoy reading my blog for the non-scooter-related stuff that I always wind up writing, I will continue blogging and I hope you enjoy reading. The address may change though, I haven't decided.

Third, I just learned that President Hinckley passed away this evening. I don't care who you are or what your faith may be, Gordon B. Hinckley was a great man and a true exemplar of living right. I'm sad to learn of his passing.

3 comments:

Lois said...

Glad you finally got your money. Way to go.

Good luck with the new blog (I must admit that I only read it for the non-scooter material).

Yes, we'll all President Hinckley, a great man who is now in a better place and with his beloved wife.

Nigel said...

That's good news about the money. That's why I'm into "net neutrality". I think a net without ownership and regulation gives consumers and small businesses unprecedented power. That irritates the hell out of the big corporations.

You're right, your blog SHOULD have more scooter stuff, maybe some how-to and maintenance stuff.I'm sure folks will dig it. But, I too am mostly interested in the amusing anecdotes.

~j. said...

Your non-scooter stuff is some of my favorite stuff to read. Perhaps I'll enjoy scooter stuff, too.