Friday, December 05, 2008

It was bound to happen, but I've been avoiding it. Here I am, writing a post with my iPhone. Is this the pinnacle of technological convergence or the last nail in my apple fanboy coffin? I don't know. I'm pretty sure that nail was driven several months ago when I purchased an apple TV. If that's the case, then this is just me being self-indulgent and snotty.
No matter how I slice it, I'm pretty much a douchebag. Especially considering that I'm doing this while at my dads 74th birthday party. He's running on fumes. I should be cherishing every moment with him. Instead I'm staring into my artificial urim and thummim and sending my thoughts into cyberspace. All of this points me to one simple fact. I am going to die alone, probably too fat to get out of bed, a sandwich rotting in my flesh-folds.

5 comments:

Kaerlig said...

Dear Apple Fanboy,
I don't relish the idea of flesh folds. Please get interested in something else...something that doesn't have a bitten apple on it.

And fast.

Love Kaer

The Calders said...

I am like so impressed that you can type with your thumbs, and it looks good.

Yea, you are a horrible human being. I hate being around you...you have like 100 people that would come and bath you if you needed it.

Besides sandwiches wouldn't be there, it would be some mexican or indian fast food.

Marty

AzĂșcar said...

But they're so awesome... (the technology, not the flesh folds.)

Tyson Call said...

Am I the only one that likes food stored in flesh folds? Yeah? Well fine.

justin hileman said...

If this guy can get hitched, there's no way you'll die alone :)

I find myself using my iPhone to filter interaction. If I'm fiddling with it, I don't have to deal with uncomfortable situations, or unwanted social contact. I blame it on introversion. That, or I'm a douche.