Monday, May 04, 2009

This post is not for people with weak stomachs. As some of you may recall, I sometimes do surgery on myself. This twisted little hobby of mine is probably the result of all the recreational self-mutilation I inflicted on myself as a teen for no good reason at all, coupled with my "hands-on" attitude toward all things broken. (I realize that last long sentence could have been written "I do this because I am crazy," but I'm feeling longwinded tonight.)

So a month or so ago I decided to get rid of another lipoma in my right forearm. This time I took pictures.


My forearm, shaved and prepped for surgery.


The Scalpel (My friend Jake gave me a real one, no more razor blades!)



Making an incision



Opening up



A slight squeeze and the little bugger starts to come out


There it is.


Like a little ball of gristle


FIN

6 comments:

AzĂșcar said...

I want you to know that I clicked on the pictures for full effect, because I am that nosy/interested in gross stuff.

Thanks! That was awesome!

b. said...

I'm concerned about who your photographer was...

~j. said...

Um.

I don't consider myself to be of the weak-stomach variety; I'm both horrified and fascinated.

Kaerlig said...

I knew what was coming because I took those pictures so why didn't I stop scrolling down? I'm eating breakfast for cryin out loud.

Nigel said...

And the award for unprecedented frankness on the internet goes to...

Ashley Thalman said...

Oh. Sick.