Thursday, November 19, 2009

Here's the latest in the giant kidney saga:
A renal scan showed some function in the giant kidney, but not enough to outweigh the negatives.  However, during the scan I experienced pain in my good kidney, so the doctor ordered another test.  It was called a Bilateral Retrograde Cystoscopy.  I was completely unconscious during the procedure, but it was cold in the O.R. and I may or may not have shouted, "I was in the pool!" at a group of giggling nurses.
This test revealed a small tumor in my bladder and a healthy good kidney.  The tumor turned out to be benign (insert sigh of relief here) but in the interim the Dr. noticed a cyst on my good kidney in the previous CT scan. So this morning I had an ultrasound on it to make sure it wasn't something scary, because apparently a simple cyst on the kidney isn't anything to worry about.  The test was good, so now I'm going to be scheduled for surgery to have the gigantic kidney removed.  Hopefully I'll be all recovered around the same time my arm gets better and I'll be able to get back to my normal routine-- minus the mexican coke.  Gotta take extra good care of my one remaining kidney.

I want to thank everyone for your prayers and support.  There have been miracles in this ordeal, not the least of which is feeling the love of friends, family, and God.  Thank you.

5 comments:

AzĂșcar said...

Dave, we're all relieved.

A Few Tacos Shy... said...

I am so glad to hear that the tumor is benign. Keep getting better :-)

The Drizzled Apple said...

I had no idea.... and I'm so glad to hear you are going to live. We kind of like you- see.

Love ya, and hope all goes well with the big kidney.

Cindy said...

Mexican Coke is so good.

Nigel said...

God bless you, friend. Wow. Get better.