Tuesday, February 02, 2010

I don't like the name "blog."  It sounds like an amalgam of "blah" and "log."  Like a mediocre turd, when expectations were high.

By that definition, a "blogger" would be someone who consistently launches mediocre turds under high expectations, and "the blogosphere," well, you can go ahead and guess that one.

This definition isn't too far off the mark for some of the blogs out there, I've sworn off more than one blog for repeatedly swirling around the metaphorical toilet bowl, but I still think there should be a better name for "blogging."

I vote against using any form of the word "diary" though, because that always makes me think of diarrhea.

6 comments:

Azúcar said...

Muse/musings have to go.

rusted sun said...

Dave,
Thank you so much for making me laugh. I really needed that one...

You are right, but I can't say I am really doing anything personal to improve the situation. I just have a mommy blog which is mainly used to keep my kids in top spot with the grandparents....at least we live in New Zealand now which makes our blog a little more interesting.
-Alisa

The Calders said...

How about and Electronic Journal, or Eournal....wait....that sounds like....
Marty

Manna said...

How bout Gloop? Frap? Sheet? Duke?

Emilie and Branden said...

Anal fixation? Don't worry though. Your wife affectionately refers to me as "the poo queen".

La Yen said...

I shall now rename the mommy genre "Dropping the kids off at the Blog."