Wednesday, February 09, 2011



Today sucked.  Here's why:

I woke up extra early and found that my son, Sir Wipesalot, had clogged the toilet-- again.

I proceeded to unclog the toilet using our plunger that just can't ever get a good seal on the poo-hole which always means a good splash or two before it finally goes down.

Then I went to court.  I won't go into any detail on that because discretion is important.  That sounds strange when I just used the word poo-hole in a sentence, but I do have my limits.  Suffice it to say that I have to defend myself against the allegations of a drug-addict poo-hole I had a dispute with.

After the humiliation of court I went to work.  At work I've been working really hard to get some dents out of a scooter I'm trying to restore by the end of the month.  I'm way behind and I'm hammering and sanding my hands off trying to catch up.  Meanwhile, out in the parking lot, someone hit my van and put a nice dent in it.

On the way home from work my freshly-dented pig of a van ran out of gas.

Today was great!  Here's why:

I woke up extra early and found that my son had clogged the toilet.  I love that kid, even if he has no concept of appropriate toilet paper usage.  I'm grateful for my kids.

I was able to unclog the toilet with fairly minimal collateral damage and it was pre-shower so I got to scrub down afterwards anyway.

I went to court and saw a divorcing couple enter pleas for hitting eachother, and be sentenced to anger management and parenting classes.  I'm glad that I'm not in their shoes.

At work my wife hit my van with her van.  My van got dented.  It's not too bad.  I love her, even if she has no concept of space when she's in a hurry behind the wheel.  I'm grateful for my wife.

On the way home from work I ran out of gas but my wife was able to rush over with a can of gas and get me going again quickly.

When I got home my wife had prepared a nice dinner.

I still have a couple of cookies in my secret stash.

I guess my day wasn't that bad after all.

4 comments:

A Few Tacos Shy... said...

Thank you for reminding me to take a deep breath and find perspective.

Cove Sandbergs said...

Beautiful! If only I can order my perspective as you have.

David said...

The truth about this post is, when I wrote it I really felt like the pessimist. But then I decided to try to see the upside as a writing exercise and it actually helped me feel better.

Julianne said...

That was funny and good. Thanks!